Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Corpse Capers

I don't think I have many irrational fears. The only one I really have is a fear of dead bodies, which is strange, When you consider a dead guy is the least capable of hurting you. I'm not really sure why I have this fear, but It's there. With that pretext out of the way I can begin my story. Yesterday while out walking I was really wanting to take some cool shots. I decided I could shoot some fun stuff under this overpass near my house.

I knew sometimes homeless people from downtown would bus out and sleep under there because it was safer. And for some reason because of my silly fear this made me imagine that someone could have come to spend the the night down there in the winter, froze to death and not been found. I shrugged the idea off and continued trying to get some cool angles.

All was going well when I decided to get some shots under the bridge. I took some pictures then got really freaked out when I looked through them because in the picture, and from where I was, this really looked like a dead guy.
I tried really hard to convince myself it was just a heap of garbage, but I couldn't. I decided I had to check it out, since the police should really know if there is a dead guy down there. There was no way I was going to crawl all the way across under there, so I went up on top of the overpass and crossed the road. I was very nervous to go down the other side, but I went for it, and decided to take a video, because I figured you deserved to hear me scream like a girl and start crying if I did indeed find a corpse. Please excuse the shakiness, swearing, and acting like an idiot in this video, I was really freaked out.

You can see a jump in the footage as I turn the corner because i was convinced I was going to find this guy staring at me.
That's probably why I had a dream last night involving being attacked by the guy above.
So, after all It was just some of clothes sitting there which freaked me out...yeah I'm pretty lame. Oh well at least I faced my fear instead of running off and leaving some poor souls remains to rot under a bridge.

4 comments:

Woodsy said...

You are my hero Ash, but don't ever fucking do that again!

David Scrimshaw said...

I'm not quite clear on why Woodsy doesn't want you to do that again. Does she not like you crossing streets by yourself?

zoom said...

That's hilarious. The video was the icing on the cake. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a dead body.

Zander said...

How on earth would finding a dead body make it any better Zoom?

I too, am really Proud of you Ash. Way to push your limits.