Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bigfoot-Part 1

Well, the leaves have begun to fall and scurry across the pavement in the wind, the cool musty autumn air has moved in, which means Halloween is not far away. I get very excited for Halloween every year and tend to go fairly all-out on my costume. I've formulated a theory just recently which is that the costume you choose for Halloween reflects what you see yourself having been like over the course of the year. For example, a few years back I went through some difficult times, but Ii made it through, I felt strong proud, and fearless. That year (without considering why) I dressed up as Ash from Evil Dead. For those of you not familiar with Evil Dead, Ash is a normal guy, who has the love of his life and all of his friends killed before him by ancient evil demons, His hand is then infected by evil, he self amputates it, with a chainsaw, then attaches the chainsaw to his stump and kills the evil demons. This year a friend of mine who is often somewhat cocky is planning a Tony Stark costume. Apparently he sees himself as a prodigal ladies man capable of saving the world. Before I figured out this idea of costumes reflecting self image, I already had my mind completely set on being Bigfoot this Halloween. So, according to my own theory, I see myself as a huge hairy ape that nobody believes in.

3 comments:

Woodsy said...

I know him! He's the sweetest monster ever!!!

Anonymous said...

I believe in Bigfoot!

Ash Colton said...

Happy to hear we have some believers here, I've seen Bigfoot before, but never really got to know him. I hope to change that.